Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The First Five Years of Marital Bliss - Year 1

As I try to sit down and remember all the amazing moments of our first 5 years of marriage it really makes me wish I would have been blogging the whole time. Sure would be nice to look back now and remember all the fun times Aaron and I have shared together.  Luckily though, there is always Facebook to keep my memory fresh, ha ha.  The next several posts will bring you up to speed on what we have been up to over the past 5 years.  


I guess it will be easiest to start at the beginning.  In late 2006, after begging Aaron to go on a date with me for weeks (yes, I am serious) he finally gave in.  I think we both knew right away that we would spend the rest of our lives together.  Within 8 months of meeting each other Aaron proposed and we were married 6 weeks later.  We both knew God had brought us together to show His love through marriage and that remains our number one goal today.


Just Engaged!

Just Married!

During our 6 weeks of wedding planning I thought it would be a good idea to get Aaron a puppy.  There is really no stress around wedding planning and puppies are no big deal, right?  I always have GREAT ideas.  Enter Floyd into our lives.  He has been such a source of joy, responsibility, parenting conflicts (yes, we are "those" kind of dog owners) and love.  

Floyd's first day at home

Most amazing ring bearer ever

The day I married Aaron was life changing.  It answered so many questions about my future that I had always wondered about.  Who would I grow old with?  Who would be the father of my children?  Would I find someone as passionate about life as myself?  Did God love me enough to bring a man to me that would love me forever?  I still thank God daily for the strong, respected, stable, kind, loving and HOT husband that He provided.  

Following our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta we returned home and enjoyed our first year of marriage.  Aaron's entire family and my mom lived within walking distance to our condo.  It was amazing to have such a large and loving family so close.  We spent nights having BBQ's, sharing holidays and birthdays, dancing in our living room, playing games, and laughing until we cried (or someone peed their pants).  

Most of the Family at Peacock Lane for Christmas

We also attended the first of many Dave Ramsey events.  I mention this here because it was so life changing for both of us.  We learned so many things.  First and foremost, we realized that although from the outside it looked as though we were on top of the world, financially we were actually deeply in debt and unless we changed our way of thinking we would never escape.  We have been on a quest for the past 5 years that continues to this day to become completely debt free.  We are on a mission to change our family tree and provide a future for our children we never thought possible.  We have also found great purpose in helping others become debt free.  

Our favorite Dave Ramsey Quote

Our first year of marriage was everything we dreamed it would be.  Full of love, laughter and dreaming about the future that God had in store for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment